web page hit counter

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Grant Morrison's Authority

With the news of Grant Morrison's move to Authority with Gene Ha, it is safe to say that we might have us a good Authority book again. Makes me wonder with the idea-o-matic machine that is Grant Morrison, what kind of kooky things can he cook up? Using my amazing powers of Total Recall, let's take a look into the past to see what the future may bring....

I've also wanted to do a modern Sinbad or Jason and the Argonauts type story, of a magical sea voyage for some time. My last attempt was the rejected Authority graphic novel pitch, “Hard,” featuring an all-gay Authority ten years in the future and a mad journey into the Bleed reefs to return the Carrier's 'baby universe' engine - now an unruly teenage universe - to the cosmic spawning grounds where it can get laid without destroying the world...
The future is now.

(somewhere in the perverted annals of my mind, there's a photoshopped picture of the carrier ship getting its freak on Morrison style while the Authority looks on with approval just waiting to happen, but....I just don't know if I have it in me today.)

No comments: