web page hit counter

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Real quick note to 2 Guys Buying Comics. And please forgive me, but I'm way overworked at this point to differentiate between who posts what, so I'll just refer to you in singular form as 2 Guy Buying Comics. I have some good news.... and I have some bad news.

The good news:

I bought the 4th Invincible Trade. After standing around the comic shop for 45 minutes, I couldn't find a damn thing to buy. Then I remembered that post about that panel from Invincible where him and his dad are fighting those alien guys from their home planet. All of a sudden, I'm buying an Invincible trade. I've read the first three, and although good, they didn't quite do it for me. Well, now I'm ready.

The bad news:

I found out what happens to Thor. I don't think you're going to be happy one bit. And Sue and Reed, well...... Marvel is going to change EVERYTHING. Other than that, I'm sworn to secrecy.


Before I wrap this up, I just want to mention that the fine folks over at 2 Guys Buying Comics started a nice little meme that involved your first comic. Me, being the lazy asshole that I am, I didn't participate. Before we go any further, it was a G.I. Joe comic. My friend's little brother couldn't read, so asked me to read it to him. At the tender young age of eight, I was madly in love with Scarlet, so it only made since to start following her exploits in the comic book form. My proper introduction into the Marvel U started with my friend at school asking me to pick up the newest issue of Punisher War Journal. Which issue was it, you ask?


Yep. Punisher War Journal # 19. The rest was history.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh.

Oh, that is not good Randy is gonna be pissed.

(And I'll probably have sympathy anger, particularly if it's something incredibly....oh, God, it's going to be something incredibly stupid, isn't it?)

Shit. We may have to initiate a comicsblogoweb-wide cover-up to keep Randy from finding out or reading about this.

I'll start working on escape plans. I know a guy.

In re: the Punisher War Journal, I believe that same comic is the one Jake's bought like 11 times! Nice!

Anonymous said...

Is that new art? It looks like Alan Davis, because I think he did the covers for the Thor-Iron Man-Avengers crossover a ways back. (I post from work, so I don't remember the when or issues!) It looks like the Jurgens style "King Thor." I don't remember that storyline, except that everyone ended up looking like a jerk at the end of it, and Thor quit the Avengers.
(Aside: does Thor quit more often than other Avengers, or is he just more dramatic about it? I mean, Hawkeye will get pissed, storm off, and six months later he's back sleeping on the couch. Thor doesn't come back until someone needs that Thor-sized beating.)

Randy said...

Well, Thor is always dramatic. That's Thor. He doesn't necessarily quit the Avengers ever, everyone knows he has Asgardian things to deal with two, so he's kinda responsible for two worlds. Would worlds be the right word there?
Anyways, I was thinking the last couple of weeks that Civil War is going to do nothing but piss me off. All of it. Whatever happens to the Not Avengers, the FF and Thor, will most likely do nothing but cement that. Wait, bad things to Not Avengers...it can't get worse. Oh wait, Ronin, Sentry...yes it can!!
Other than the return of Moon Knight, I am going to give a tentative "Screw You Marvel".
But I reserve the right to change that at a later date.

Spencer Carnage said...

I don't know, I'm a bit excited about what they're going to do in Civil War. Its going to be big, everything will change, and Millar and McNiven are on it. Granted Millar can be a twat from time to time, Ultimates is fucking great. As for Thor, I'm thinking you can blame Stracynski for this one.

Man, I really want to tell you but I can't.