web page hit counter

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blue Blazes!

Let's spoil some things for a moment, shall we? Marvel's Civil War: The Return:

I was hoping that this cover meant the return of Nova to the Marvel U. Considering that the 42 prison was in the Negative Zone, I had a feeling the end of Annihilation would put Richard Ryder square at the door step of Tony and Reed's new prison, causing all kinds of glee and warm, happy feelings.

Well, its not Nova. Yes, I know the star on Nova's helmet is different. I'm aware of this. I was just hoping that Marvel got it wrong. He'll be back soon enough, though. As for who it is, just take a look and figure it out. Who else with a star for a logo would totally blow your fanboy minds if they returned? You guessed right. I know, I know, but what about XYZ that caused Mystery Super Hero to disappear? Mystery Super Hero is back with the XYZ in full effect which I believe is the most interesting aspect of Mystery Super Hero's return.



While trolling for Nova pics, I came across this post on the Bendis Board by Sean McKeever regarding a New Warriors pitch:
I pitched New Warriors two years ago but there was no interest. They wanted a high concept pitch with them as the equivalent of "child actors all grown up," and I wanted a serious ensemble drama that happened to also be an action-heavy superhero comic.(link via New Warriors Continuity Conundrum)

I do know that Marvel is still looking for this concept with a friend of a friend of a friend currently pitching it for the Power Pack. Essentially, its the Royal Tenenbaums meets the Marvel U. This same friend of a friend of a friend is also being prepped to possibly take over for Dan Slott on She-Hulk. He just needs a successful introductory project put out first before the transition is made and that Power Pack project could possibly be it. That or a mini featuring the Vulture.

While we're getting our spoiler on...

Cap knows Tigra's a spy. He's using her to feed false information to Tony!

Does that not just wet your whistle or what?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling the end of Annihilation would put Richard Ryder square at the door step of Tony and Reed's new prison, causing all kinds of glee and warm, happy feelings.

No, no, that idea is FAR TOO COOL. It'd be like that scene in Blazing Saddles where the western fight runs into another set and starts fighting with the top hatted dancers.

"Piss off, I'm working for Keith Giffen!"

Spencer Carnage said...

I'm even more upset with Civil War now that you've put that mental image in my head. Thanks a bunch.

Unknown said...

XYZ is cancer, yes? You're talking about Captain Marvel? Otherwise I'm not sure what youre getting at.

Spencer Carnage said...

Its cancer. And he's back, with it. From what I understand, there's some time displacement going on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Good God. Really?

Now that is some funny, funny uselessness.

Spencer Carnage said...

It should be interesting, but from what I've read in the Avengers Kree Skrull trade, I'm ready for Captain Marvel to come back. Especially if talks smack to Rick Jones like he did, making him miss his music gigs and what not. Good stuff.