web page hit counter

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Indestructible Art # 31

The first 4 trades of the Walking Dead comic were boring and a waste of money. Based on EVERYONE'S recommendation, I picked those books up sometime in 2006 or 2007. I bought them one at a time, over the course of a few months. After hearing everyone telling me to stick with it, I promise, its gets BETTER for three trades, I finally gave up after the 4th.

Kirkman mistakes drama for story and the Zombie genre is the absolute worst when it's not at its very best. At least for me. At 15 to 20 bucks a trade, the Walking Dead comic officially sucks.

Now the show. I like the show. WAY better than the comic. That show entertains the Hell out of me. But those comics? Bor-ring. Kirkman is a skilled writer but a Planetary or Y: The Last Man he has not.

In this week's episode of Indestructible Art I say something or other to this effect, much to the dismay of my co-host, Ryan Adams. We also talk about the ground-breaking news of Marvel's first gay wedding and DC re-introducing a well known hero or heroine as a gay character into the Nu 52, a new game from Double Fine called The Cave, and a couple other news tidbits from the past week. Blue Ear? How awesome is Marvel for doing that?




No comments: