web page hit counter

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This On-Again, Off-Again business is fuckin' with my heart

I've done yet another horrible thing. Yes, you remember the last time I did something horrible? It was along the lines of

I
HAVE
DECIDED
THAT I NEED TO
PICK UP EVERY
CIVIL WAR
TIE-IN


which really wasn't that bad of a choice, considering that Heroes For Hire was pretty entertaining and I have rediscovered my love for all things Fabian Nicieza. The only bad thing about that decision was anything with JMS's name on it. However, the horrible thing I have done this time is not

I
HAVE
DECIDED
THAT I NEED TO
PICK UP EVERY
CIVIL WAR
TIE-IN

or even anywhere along the lines. What I have done is pretty much in the realm of:

I
HAVE
STOPPED
BUYING
COMICS


I know, I know, that's almost like saying

I
AM
COMPLETELY
CRAZY


Ok, now I'm starting to sound like Chris Sims. But anyhoo... I have made this decision based upon the fact that there things out there that I want to possess or need to pay off, including(but not limited to) a new guitar amp, the band van, a root canal I under went whilst uninsured, and maybe some Henna tattoos, and god damn it, how am I going to have money for things like this when I'm dropping 2.95 to 4.95 a pop on comic books? Its not going to happen! I tried cutting back my pull list, but it just manages to morph back into the monster that it currently is. So that's it. I'm done. I'm out. Next time you see me with a comic, it'll be all beat up and on loan from the Library. When my friend Tony told me about the American Flagg trade he just got from the Library, I realized that the solution to being an active CONSUMER was becoming an active BORROWER. Let's not forget that my good friend Ryan still buys way too many comics and trades on the weekly basis so I'll be pillaging his collection on the irregular basis.

In light of these recent developments, the real question must be asked: What of the comic book blogging? Will somebody PLEASE think about the comic book blogging? I've never been all that good, and when I was, it involved me getting molested by a Flash comic. At this point, you're already used to the infrequency and lack of real content, so we'll just go from "dude that you call every now and then to hang out" to "dude you occassionally see around at the local bar with some tramp on his arm." It'll be nice when we run into each other, but really, I'm just another dude with a 'tude that you probably need crashing on your floor at 3:30 in the morning. Its for your own good.



Yes, they've fixed that whole Dragonhead incident, just before I could proposition TPop CS Rep with cyber-sexiness. Now I gotta troll chat rooms like everybody else. Weak. Ok, so I'm not completely GONE from buying comics. I just might stop at Borders or the LCS and pick up a thing or two every now and then, that's it!




Are you not listening to the Annuals yet? Because you're crazy if you're not. I mean, they're called the Annuals. That's just nerdical enough for you all to jump on it for its name alone. The full length album drops on October 18th. Get in the know, bro!



One last thing to all y'all: Chill out. They're just comics. Joe Quesada is an idiot, yes, but really, do we even care because we care or do we care because it gives us things to complain about and that's what really makes us tick, complaining about comics? Sorry, but your bitching is getting in the way of my comic blog enjoyment.

I will shut up now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Guitar amps? Tatoos? Oral hygeine? What the hell is wrong with you?
(shakes head sadly)
Bands come and go, but comics are forever.

Spencer Carnage said...

Yes, but will comics get you laid? If what they say is true, new band equipment should raise my chances exponentially. Or at least, that's what I heard. Or read. I can't remember.